Classwork Projects

The project that was assigned was intervention of images. We learned about photoshop and how to properly alter an image. I didn’t alter the following photograph but more so added some to it. I wanted to represent the relationship between Human and Nature.

untitled_artwork

What I find to be the strongest attribute of the piece is the use of the strong color contrasting with the black and white to draw emphasis to a certain idea or feeling. As the creator of the piece it is very easy to find things that I did wrong and should improve, like the drawing of the skeleton and the way that I should have omitted some parts to indicate 3 dimensional space. Not to mention also the darkness of some parts is overwhelming and if edited could create a more balanced image.

The goal of this assignment was to stay in one location in Austin and photograph one thing in particular. I decided to represent the passing of time. This one picture that was a part of a larger collection was one of my favorites because I incorporated another medium to the piece and was able to add a little more personality to the picture.

bus_cowboy

To accomplish the goal of the assignment I not only focused on everything that was moving on South Congress Ave but I also moved as I took a picture; I would sit on my longboard and let myself drift down the road as I took pictures of what passed me.