Blog Post #4

Over the past decade video games have changed, not only in their complexity, but also in their artwork. I personally grew up with Nintendo, especially Mario. My very first game was Super Mario Advanced which came out in 2001 for the Game Boy Advance. Now the first photo is a screenshot of the game Super Mario Advanced, the second screenshot is from the game Super Mario Bros which came out in 1985. Last but not least the last picture of the newest game  New Super Mario Bros which came out in 2009. All these game have very different artwork. Artwork is one of the things that is mostly appreciated from a game. Compare the Super Mario Bros. to the New Super Mario Bros., they are the same game, but very different graphics. I loved the game Super Mario Advanced so much, some of the levels did make me rage though. Although it was complicated in some parts, I still enjoyed the game. It was so much to play it, you had to battle various bosses, not only Bowser which is Mario’s Arch nemesis. The one that bothered me the most was the rat with bombs. No matter how hard I tried I lost every single time. After a couple of days, I was able to beat it, which gave me so much relief. Overall the graphics/artwork of the games have changed so much, but we still love the game. Just because the game has a different style to it, doesn’t mean you have to hate it. It just means that it has adapted to the latest technology, and has improved.