Multiskilled as a composer, concept artist, and mechanical engineer, Walid Feghali has honed the ability to excel at a multitude of fields; learning and adapting his techniques on a near-daily basis. Feghali “studied up to a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering with a direction in Applied Acoustics, [and] ha[s] written and produced professional musical scores for feature films, trailers, short-films and games, contests, and more” (http://walidfeghali.com/bio/). He has worked both “single-handedly” and with a team on projects, both of which have been deemed “comfortable” by him. I first stumbled upon his work through a piece he had composed, London, 1856, while I’d been searching for a “steampunk” orchestral song. Feghali’s piece fit exactly with what I’d been seeking, and for years I’ve been playing London, 1856 to help inspire me in the creation of my own compositions. Eventually, through blatant curiosity, I happened upon his YouTube page. On it, was not only an extension of music he’d written, but also tutorials on conceptual art. As I surveyed the videos, the ease at which he brought images to life with his artificial pen fascinated me – the first bud in what would soon blossom into a fierce desire to accomplish. Feghali had accidentally inspired me, and set forth the notion that had never before even been suggested: I could excel at more than one thing. Possessing skillsets in more than one area, refusing to choose between what he loved, Feghali focused on what uniquely, truly, fascinated him: “science, music, and art”. His achievements within his artistic and mechanic fields whispered at my own artistic and writing abilities, stirring a growing fire within me as I realized the path I wanted to pave for myself – who I wanted to become. I’d saw that I didn’t have to choose. I’d simply create.

Walid Feghali – Gloomy Lake

Walid Feghali – Book Cover – The Trinket Hunter

Walid Feghali – Hope

Walid Feghali – Dark Entrance

Walid Feghali – Eve of the Ceremony

Walid Feghali – Death with Raven