Adventures in Costa Rica!

my experience as a missionary in Costa Rica

is that a choco tan?

on December 12, 2013

why yes, yes it is. thats what happens when you work outside every single day for a month i guess…but yes. i  now have a choco tan. and i am proud of it.
it has been hard for me to write this blog. it has been one month yesterday that i have been here. one month….one month? it doesnt feel like one month. and i have one more to go, give a few days. this time has just been incredible. the teams we have had the last few weeks have been amazing. starting with the team from rocksprings, their sweet and beautiful nature was comforting to me in a time of great struggle in my heart. the lord has been calling for me to give up my heart to him, and that was something i feared. until i didnt anymore. i lived last week with out fear, without control, with only love and peace. and it was an amazing team that i was here with. a team from fleming island florida. beautiful people. generous and giving people. people that love the lord and love to serve the lord. everyone who has come down has been that way. everyone is here for the same purpose, with the same love in mind and in heart. it is incredible the faithful people that have briskly walked in and out of my life the last few weeks. and this team we have now, that got here yesterday, is no different. they are all so lovely and i love them all.
i have really felt like a part of the community here in the last few weeks. the people of the church are just amazing and i love them dearly. my heart is filled with joy every time i go to church and i see their smiling faces greeting me with a hug and a kiss. they love me for me, they dont have to love me. i am not permanent, i dont live here, this is not my home. but my relationship with them is permanent. through our family in christ, through who we are in the body of christ, we are permanent, bc christ is permanent. and his love for us is permanent. and our love for each other is permanent. now that is beautiful. oh, que linda! this life.
last friday i went to the church with andrea to help with kids club. she gets the church kids together, plays with them, reads them a bible story, and just spends time with them. she and her husband are wonderful people. not only bc they do that and so much more, but bc i see straight love in them. but let me tell you. those kids are nuts. we were supposed to play futbol but it then there was a huge storm. one of the loudest storms i have ever been in. so we just sat on the church porch and played that hand slapping game? you know where you rest your hands on the other persons hands and they try to slap you before you get away? well…these kids are quick…me? not so much..my hands were a deep shade of rojo by the end of that. but whatever, it was fun none the less.
it has been a blessing that one of my friends, lilliana, and her daughter, jamilla, have allowed me into their lives and into their family. they are also incredible. im blessed to have them to spend time with, especially when meeting new people can become a bit overwhelming or tiresome. i mean they are all wonderful, but its nice to spend some time with familiar friends every once in a while. especially ones that are so kind and so gracious in their love and their friendship.
my word today is honored. i am just honored to have the opportunity to be a part of  the groups of americans that come down and a part of their lives. im honored to have the opportunity to be a part of the people of costa rica’s lives, specifically those here in puerto viejo. im honored that god is using me in such  way, that he is taking time to share some things with me and that he has restored my broken heart. for so long, i said “im not good enough, choose someone else lord” or “im broken, surely you dont want me”. but he has brought me here to give me the steps to mend my heart and restore my heart. and im honored that he is doing that.
its all just really great, i love everything about being here. im not even all the hot anymore. the humidity is killer. but at least its not scorching. to everyone i love, i am thinking of you always. dios le bendiga.