Blog Post #1

Part 1

• The main points of Tim Leberecht’s article “What entrepreneurs can learn from artists”  is that artists and innovators are one and the same, there are 12 traits of an individual who wants to make their mark on the world, and new ideas will only come to those who allow time for those new ideas to develop.
  • The main points of Amit Gupta’s “Are Artists Entrepreneurs” is that there are similarities and differences between artists and entrepreneurs and the world needs for those with creativity to bring their ideas to life.
  • Artists can learn from their “entrepreneurial cousins” that
  • I agree that artists are entrepreneurs because each individual artist has a vision and a method of expressing it. Artist’s objective is to capture the eye and attention in order to make there art meaningful to people. Artists are both innovative and determined just like entrepreneurs. Artists build pieces from the ground up or from nothing,  just like innovators do. Both have an idea and execute what it is they want to portray.
  • 12 characteristics of artists I agree with- Artists are: humanists, crafts people, rely on their intuition, comfortable with ambiguity, holistic, great story tellers, passionate about their work, and contrarians.  
  • Others I would add to the list- Artists are: diverse and technical
  • I agreed with most of both of these articles in that artists take into account a multitude of aspects that influence their design and they produce a product of interest similar to what entrepreneurs do. Artists are entrepreneurs in their own right because they market themselves through their work and innovate through their artistic talents.

Part 2

• I believe I have grit because I have the strength of character to persevere through obstacles of life. This concept is also something I must work on to build my own confidence and put myself out there.
  • Things I would be able to do to increase my level of grit include, working one step harder, setting goals, and maintaining courage and focus.