Joining the Fray – The Google Pixel Phone

Google just couldn’t stay away. As of today they have officially launched two phones in an effort to broaden what their brand is known for to include mobile phone hardware.
For years they have been the software behind most of the major competition to the iPhone.

The first reviews of the phone show that they look and feel comparable to their primary competition. The major players in the mobile device market have struggled of late to distinguish themselves appreciably in their hardware offerings. This may have contributed to Google’s decision to step into the ring, now that they can make a phone not that different from other top of the line makers.

This makes the move less risky than it may seem on the outset. With like hardware, they can focus on what they are exceptional at, that is, the software. In this arena they have a real chance at gaining over the others by introducing software capabilities without having to have buy in from their current mobile device partners.

It remains to be seen how successful they will be, but now may be as a good a time as they are likely to find in the future, so why not?

One thought on “Joining the Fray – The Google Pixel Phone”

1. I think the Google Pixel is going to be mega successful. My 2 week Google Pixel XL Review was a great experience and I can’t see me changing phones for a long time. The only thing for me is the absent feature of water resistance. In 2016 you really should be expecting this from a high-end phone.