Blog Post #2

Making the effort to track my time over the last week has told me a lot about myself. I noticed that on days when I ate at regular times, I felt much better. For example, on Thursday, I felt really unhealthy and my energy that day showed it. However, on Friday, I ate three square meals and I felt a noticeable change in my attitude and how I felt. I think it’s also interesting to note the differences between “chilling w/ friends” and “chilling alone.” I’ve known for a long time that one of the biggest causes of personal stress is that I am an introvert who enjoys leading an extroverted lifestyle. However, in order to feel well, I need to remember to take time to myself, to recharge. I didn’t do that as much this week, and I think that really showed in the way I interacted with others. By Friday night, I felt extremely burnt out. I made the effort to spend more time resting over the weekend and now I feel recharged and ready to take on the next week. Click here to view full time tracker sheet.

Click images for more info.

More often than not, I begin a piece of art in an explosion of emotion. An idea pops into my head and suddenly, there is nothing I can do to keep from grabbing the closest writing utensil and recording my thoughts on whatever is available. Some of the work I am most proud of began scribbled on the back of my hand or a napkin, even my calculus notes. I am not in control of my creative process. I am constantly at the liberty of my impulses, wherever and whenever they chose to create. I simply do my best to oblige. While my art often begins in chaos, it quickly comes under the control of my compulsively organized mind. From primal passion to an intellectual process, my artwork begins to take form. I am most proud of my ability to transform this raw emotion into a message that is clear. I consider my process a translation from the initial chaos to a final product that shows the rest of the world what is going on inside of

The human form in motion, is among the subjects I enjoy exploring the most. I have always been mesmerized by the images of people dancing. I imagined that I could touch their form through the page, and I longed to create that movement myself. It was through my practice of acro-yoga that I began to excel at recording the human form in motion. After experiencing for myself what it felt like to truly move in beautiful ways, I found myself able to better portray that in my art. I want to further explore my skill in this subject and evoke the same feelings in others that I feel myself when I see beautiful movement.