Dale Knaak

Landscape painter, who works mainly in acrylic.  His scenes are what some might consider mundane similar to Downes work.  Though the scenes may be of ordinary life and neighborhood scenes, they have beautiful lighting and depth.

He has an art studio, works commissions, commercial mural projects as well as his own personal style of paintings.  His work is inspired by the time he spends strolling the streets to and from work and home.

ascendingalley boytoycamper theotherpath

One thought on “Dale Knaak

1. Fallon, Your range of artists is quite interesting. I especially like Dale Knack. As you say, there is a real sense of depth and light…too often lacking in artwork today. I also find myself spending time moving around the picture. There really is a lot to see and a story as well. The paintings are simple but very peaceful. I feel I would be constantly drawn back to them if they were on my wall. Each time I would discover something new!

The Simon Kerry abstractions are extremely well done. A lot of color but not too much. As you say they are well composed and lead you to wonder what is happening. These, again, are paintings that one could return to often.

Not as impressed by the Robin Purcells. The color seems a bit garish…almost color for color’s sake.

Hope all is well. Keep painting!

Dan Zimmermann