Final

From the start, I felt nervous about this course because I don’t have much experience with programs such as Photoshop or InDesign. I also have not worked much with photography but the information and skills we learned really interested me. I found myself enjoying this course because of how foreign the subject matter was. I think that the amount of time I spent on projects increased for each.

I used practice time to make sure I had the printing down. I did so many test print outs of my book before the final print. I also spent a great deal of time taking pictures of bathrooms of South Congress and making sure they weren’t of bad quality (which was hard for me). I spent most of practice time on the computer assignments, like my book layout and making sure I knew everything about the InDesign setup to print correctly.

I thought I dealt with feedback fine. The instructors were extremely helpful with the projects and making sure our final project came out how we wanted it to. I think you pushed me to expand my ideas and gave helpful suggestions from your past experiences. I gave helpful suggestions to other students whose work I saw. I tried to help students to expand their ideas as well.

It was hard for me to love these projects since they were so foreign to me and I felt like I was not sure what I was doing. I ended up picking the bathrooms for my final project because I really enjoyed taking pictures of them. I found love in this project because of that interest. There was lots of love in that project and I love designing things.

I watched memento during the semester and it was a great movie. I thought it was such an effective way to describe what you meant for sequence. It made the creative part of my mind really spin and gave me a few ideas for future projects. I followed a few photography instagram accounts this semester, which helped me expand my skillset for angles to take pictures and ideas for photos.

I think I worked hard this semester in this course. More so in the end than the beginning. I made sure to come to every class I could. I think I had one or two absences. I think that towards the end of the semester I would give myself an A but going back to the beginning I don’t think I deserve that good of a grade. I really enjoyed this course and hope to have you and Bill as professors again. The energy and positivity that you both brought to the class everyday was very welcoming and encouraging. Also the patience you both had with the class we had was really inspiring and I just have a lot of respect for both of you. I hope you have a wonderful winter break!