April 29, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

Yes I Did. I was going to visit family down south, but instead I had to stay in Austin in my on campus apartment.

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

I was very frustrated because most of my major classes involve being able to use the fine arts studio and the theater.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I have moved 2 times since being told I could no longer live on campus. I first lived with friends, but soon after not being able to find an apartment in which we could all live in, we had to go our separate ways– I am now living with my boyfriend.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

Classes for my general education requirements have gotten a bit easier, however classes for my major have been difficult considering I don’t have the space to be able to participate fully in our warm up exercises, much less to be able to act.

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

I haven’t gone outside for longer than an hour in over a month. I am a person who enjoys her freedom, I enjoy being outside in nature and now, I am cooped up inside with only so much to do outside of school and work.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

I am not incredibly worried seeing as I’m a fairly healthy individual.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

I do not know anyone who has gotten COVID-19

Are you staying in? What are you doing to pass the time?

I am staying in. I spend time with my boyfriend, I read, write, draw, play video games, and Skype family and friends as often as possible. I also try to get in small daily amounts of exercise.

Are you going out? Where do you go and what is it like?

I do not go out unless absolutely necessary. I have only gone out to get food and to grab mail– it helps some, being in the fresh air and sunlight, but it never lasts long.

What is giving you hope and/or strength right now?

My loved ones and career.

Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about what you’re feeling or experiencing right now?

I feel trapped. I feel as though I have no control over my life currently, and the things I do have control over could change in an instant. This virus has disrupted the flow of life, now I regret taking for granted the hours I spent in the sun, among people– I wish someone would find a cure for it already.