Visu-1100 Blog Post #4

Faith, PHCO portfolio

I really liked the photos that Faith shot, they make me wonder how long she has been shooting for. The website was clean looking and professional. Her presentation went well I feel and there were no long pauses.

Mary, GDES portfolio

Mary had a good looking website that made it easy for someone to understand what her style is and what to expect if they were to look into hiring her. I think that the presentation could have been more a fluid, with less pauses, it felt a little awkward.

Diana, ARTS portfolio

Diana’s presentation was dense, I think there was a lot to follow, but the website was effective and organized to display her work well.

John & Omar, IGST game developing in Unreal Engine 4

John & Omar did a good job in their presentation explaining the different elements that went into starting and getting into game design. I feel like it was effective in helping the audience understand what game design is if they had no idea what it was in the first place or how much effort that it takes.

Websites that I like:

http://www.hockneypictures.com/home.php

David Hockney’s official website looks like a standard professional artists website. What I like about it is that it has directories which it easy check out the medium and type of work you are interested in looking at.

Polygon.com

Polygon has an interactive layout and while I don’t like everything about it, I do like how the pages open up with mousing over tab categories.

Google.com

Simple layout and interface.

The Good company

http://shop.97allen.com

This website is one from a company that my friend works for in New York. I like this website because the homepage has a large picture that takes up the web pages white space. A long with having only a few possible tabs to open which makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

Trillcity.com

We re-did our website. Its alright!