End Term Assessment

This semester has been the hardest one yet, I tried to put in at least 4 extra hours a week in for each class not including class time, I didn’t always find the time for all of my classes. I realize now that is not enough especially for this class, my work was not as developed as everyone else’s how ever, I strongly believe if I had put in more time I could have produced something much better, I’ve learned all the skills to the project I just tried to do a lot more than I could handle this semester. I believe an excess amount of time to spend practicing varies on person for me I have a short attention span so I’d say over 20 hours a week would be excessive with my schedule.
The next step in my maps is to add more small details and fix a few flaws, with my first map I feel like I chose something much harder then I should have, almost everyone else chose something smaller, I chose a long route with so many things I didn’t even no what to cover. The map I liked the most was my decision making map, it didn’t have as many small decision but it had a few large ones.
Some meaningful feedback I received was do not use blue unless its water!
I had a really hard time figuring out where do start, or and actually creating what I visualized was a lot harder than I anticipated. I ran out of time and just couldn’t finish and show the product I really wanted.
I’ve designed a few other things, some poster for other classes but I’ve also made some tattoo ideas and just messed around with some stuff on my iPad. I mainly draw and paint, I’ve never been good with computers, until that past two years I actually broke them when I touched them ( not really but that’s how it felt). Now I can do so much more I’m actually thinking about redesigning the place I work at business cards.
My life outside of school has honestly been a mess which I think shows in my work, I have been struggling to keep my head above water. The transfer to St.Edwards was not easy and it honestly never got any easier. I work when I’m not at school and I live an hour away from school, none of these are excuses but those are things contributing my mind being all over the place, I start to one thing and then I have to start another.
I really liked the atmosphere of our group, we were able to joke around but also criticize each others work. However I still think more positive feedback would be helpful, and a more detailed assignment expectation, some of the assignments were kind of vague and left me unsure with what to create.