South Congress Adventure in Photography

southcongressstar southcongressplantasuars southcongresspianoblue southcongresspianoconverse southcongressdominos southcongresschandelier southcongresslightbulbandboxes southcongresschandelier

A common theme that arose in my photos was light. Light in the form of light bulbs, chandeliers, glare, sparkle, reflection, you name it. I also tried to go for interesting angles, so instead of merely being in front of the object, I took a random shot at an odd angle to see how it would come out. I think I’m attracted to light because it symbolically symbolizes innocence, purity, positivity, spirituality, enlightenment, energy, all of which are personal values of mine. I chose to experiment with random angles, because I love the element of playfulness it brings. I would say I am a playful, experimental person. I like to look at things in an unconventional way. See what others may not. My favorite seven-not all, but most of them- contain one or both of these things. I have no real significance of the ones I had chosen; I just chose the ones that jumped out at me, the ones that made me “light up” instantly (pun very intended).