Blog Post #11

Part 1: Based on the notes you took during class, write a brief description and response to each of the Faculty presentations.

-Bill: I think Bill is one of the most skilled visual artists I have ever experienced learning from. Bill said a lot of his work comes from revamping natural images into a one-of-a-kind masterpiece that can never be duplicated even if he tried. He is a great teacher and always encourages students be the best artist we can be and to always try our best in all that we do.

-Hollis: Hollis spoke a lot about “combining images and text” which was vividly expressed expressed in her masterpieces. The aesthetic of some of her work revolved around devastation or natural disasters and turning them into something visually pleasing, despite the paradoxical manner of the artwork.

-Alexandra: It was interesting to me that Alexandra focuses on perception and how we see things. I also noticed that she started to make prettier work after she had children. I love forward to having her as my professor next semester.

-Tammy: Tammy’s work was, in my opinion, the most incredible because it had a great over-arching focus– balancing what was known vs unknown and what is handmade vs industrial. Her artwork was beautiful and simply stunning.

-Vitone: His photographs captured a lot of aesthetic and grand scenery of the Western life. Much of it did not pertain to me nor my interests, but he is a very talented photographer.

Part 2: Create a 5-year plan. What are your long term goals beyond college? What do you need to do to accomplish those goals?

In five years, i picture myself working in a local graphic design incorporation. From the knowledge and experience I gain there, I ultimately would love to be apart of Disney’s Imagineer Team, where I can contribute some of my graphic design skills into some of their most fascinating work. Or, I would like to work for a book publishing incorporation where I can help design children’s books or a children’s animation studio like Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network and do graphic design work there. Those are my biggest dreams that I hope to one day achieve. I plan on getting there through furthering my education as much as I can, taking classes in all aspects to gain experience, and intern at local places to get a feel for the job.