ARTS1311_100 Solutions

For my 100 Solutions project, I chose a 15 x 15 ft tapestry that’s been in my possession for a number of years now. I decided to use this item for its malleability and its vibrant pattern.

In this first image, I replaced the “chair” with my object and set a fresh glass of ice water to indicate current use of the chair.

In my second image, I used the tapestry as a tablecloth at a picnic table. I crawled under to take this shot.

For my third image, I snapped a picture of a friend posing as a ghost underneath the tapestry.

For the fourth image, I tied the tapestry up as a hammock.

Here, I carefully folded the tapestry into a picnic basket shape, to be carried by my model for image five.

In image number six, the tapestry is used as an eyeglasses’ cleaning cloth.

In image seven, the tapestry has been twisted and made to look like a phone charger, about to be plugged into an outlet.

After spilling a drink on the floor, as indicated by the sign, the tapestry is used to mop up the mess in image eight.

In image nine, the tapestry has taken on the role of lampshade.

And finally, the tapestry is wrinkled and used as mulch in image ten.

After much difficulty and back-and-forth, I decided on these ten images because I felt they were the most diverse uses for a tapestry that I found in crafting this project. Taken on the St. Edward’s campus, in a friend’s home, and in my own apartment, each place was a meaningful setting to bring such a cherished item of mine. These locations made for a more intimate photoshoot, and the lighting sources were the most flattering for the final top 10 photographs.