WiP Project Brainstorming

On Friday, November 18, my wicked problem project group met to discuss our ideas for our project and plan our presentation. It was a brief meeting inside of Jo’s coffee shop simply to organize our thoughts. We decided that we would like to share our information through pamphlets and a presentation. But, we did not write down a solid plan for our presentation because we were just discussing each individual’s ideas. After discussing how we would present, we each shared what we learned through our interviews. One of my group members discussed the similarities she found between homelessness and housing problems. We began to question the relationship between the two wicked problems and if there were any more connections between housing and other wicked problems. This discussion brought to light even more the seriousness of housing problems in Austin because I began to see how it influenced other problems. The more I learn about this wicked problem, the more I want to do my part to make a difference for the community. It seems as if there are always new homes being constructed in the city but I never stopped an thought if it was actually helping the housing problems. But now I am asking more questions about this and learning that there is more than just building houses that needs to be done to fix this problem.

One thought on “WiP Project Brainstorming