Blog Post #4

Part 1

I have included two photos, one a picture of a man crossing the street, and the other a shot of congress and the city skyline.

1. The goal of the assignment was to capture a set of cohesive photos on south congress between Oltorf and Cesar Chavez. Then we were asked to craft reflective essays about our experiences.

2. I decided to photograph people in transition during their daily routine. People going to school, heading in to work, getting exercise, or doing some shopping.

Part 2

1. I think the strongest aspect of these two images is the light. Both were taken in mid day sunlight creating good detail.

2. The weakest aspect of these images is content. They might make an interesting image but they lack substance. Theres no emotion in either shot. The work tells no story without an explanation of the process.

3. I think I could refine the category a little to include more posed portraits. It would also be interesting to hear from people, find out where they are going and what brings them to that section of the street.

4. I could have used a tripod for the landscape shots to increase stability in the shots. It would be possible to use a better camera to capture the photos. I uploaded the images as jpg files to save space but if I printed them I could use the tiff file I created to bring out better resolution.

5. I would also like to shoot some more pictures on congress at night. Some long exposure shots and perhaps a time laps of the traffic would make cool additions to my theme for the assignment.