Blog # 11 Faculty Presentations

1.  Bill Kennedy: Pictures manipulated from original to something unidentifiable from the original image.  I liked his use of vibrant colors very much.
  2. Hollis Hammonds:  Wow, if I could put onto paper my perceptions of my feelings and thoughts like she does, who knows what would be the final product!  And her installations amaze me most.  I think the on-site installations are the best…but then she is my professor, and she gets asked around the country to install her art and have murals of it put in different cities.
  3. Alex Robinson:  I think Alex’s work can be fluffy with one of her installations reminding me of cotton or of an oversized bridal gown.  I liked the images of Florida landscape next to the Wyoming landscape, it works well together, even if she didn’t intend to make them work when she took each photo.
  4. Tammie Rubin:  Not such a fan of the cones, except when they are dressed with prettier/happier colors.  The blues made me feel depressed, and although, that may be her intent, to be thought provoking, and it was for sure!  I have always preferred happier colors, and try to avoid depressing images and thoughts.
  5. Joe Vitone:  One of my favorite photographers, I enjoyed his black and white use of the West, he called Valentine.

My five year plan includes finishing my degree at all costs, finding a job selling art or appraising art, if it takes a while, my backup is to do what I need to do to get there.  If I move to another country, then I am happy to do it.

Speak Your Mind

*

Skip to toolbar