Mid Term Assessment

I think I used my practice time consistently. I made sure that I spent time in class to learn how Illustrator worked, and get a better understanding of the different tools before I went home and applied what I learned in class.

The First Tests in Illustrator

The sophistication of my work is medium, I followed the instructions as closely as possible, but I didn’t try to push beyond that. I feel like one of my symbols really went beyond what I was thinking, but the other two didn’t quite reach that point.

Whenever I got feedback I made sure I incorporated it in some way. It meant quite a bit to me that I still had areas to improve so I would just use each bit of feedback to try and make each of my symbols stronger and stronger, and also make it so that they could be understood at various sizes. Of course, there were also times where I’d receive feedback that I didn’t find so helpful to my project. For example, feedback on things I already knew I wanted to change.

Someone recommended that I add more detail to the cotton candy… accidentally made my initials in the process

Learning how to properly use Illustrator was an ordeal to me. There were many times where it wanted to do its own thing and I had to fight with my program to make sure the lines I wanted were smooth. Sometimes the machine wanted to add a lot of unnecessary anchor points and segments when in the end we didn’t need this many points. As I began to learn Illustrator, however, things got much easier for me.

This was a mess

I did a little extra compared to the class assignments. In many cases I would make multiple iterations of one symbol, or I would come up with two different designs and then make multiple forms of those too. I made smaller, scaled versions to make sure the form could still be seen at a small size. I would invert the colors to see if I liked that better.

The learning process…

My social emotional development was mature and that I was in control of my feelings for this project. I think I was also aware of other peoples’ emotions and I think I grew a little bit more through this process.

My contribution to the class climate was probably room temp. I have some problems with communicating with other people, but I think I offered some helpful words every here and there. I could have done more, definitely, but I think my contributions were helpful and aided the class environment.

About Ellise Stokes

Hello! My name is Ellise, and I'm a senior graphic design major.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.