Blog Post #5

PART 1

1. I enjoyed looking at Clara’s work. I also have an interest in photography, specifically landscape, so it was nice to see a photographer also focus on nature and fine art type of photos, rather than people.  It was interesting to see why she liked film rather than shooting digital. I’ve never shot with film, digital is the only way I know how to shoot, but she said that with film you have to actually think about the picture because you can’t take as many, since it costs money. I liked her work, and I liked how she travels a lot to different places so she has many photos of different angles and different scenery.
  2. I am a graphic design major so I was looking forward to seeing what kind of work Hanna had. It was nice to see stuff she had done freshman and sophomore year since I have/am taking some of the same classes and doing the same type of work. I also saw her instagram page for her senior project and she’s using some watercolor, and warm colors. I get a sort of natural and organic feel from that. It gave me a little bit of insight because her work is different from me and my class’ It’s funny how we can have the same assignments and be studying the same things but our output can be different.
  3. Michelle’s work was definitely different. I’ve never seen work like hers before, i’ve only seen graphic design and photography. It was comic book, graphic novel type of work. I feel like she could be an animator and create children’s book because she has great talent in drawing characters and bringing them to life. I’m not really sure how that can lead to a future career though, I’m pretty sure that there is one that dedicates to just creating characters but because I’ve never been exposed to one, I’m not sure that it exists.
  4. Alexis’ work brought me back to when I was a kid. I remember watching Pokemon and playing lots of video games like Mario Kart and all things Mario. It’s also very graphic and the fact that she can create her own video game is pretty amazing. She also has the ability to bring these drawings to life and give them character. I like how her work is more, I don’t know how to describe it, but like a very child based. It takes me back to childhood and something my little sister would be playing.

PART 2

I LOVE this! I like to look at well designed websites just for fun, even though they rarely change, I just love to see how nice something is designed.

The Identite Collevtive

https://theidentite.co/

Okay so this company started their branding business last year, I remember when their website was live it was a white themed (wix sites) and very sleek. Then they changed it to an orange yellow color pallet, which I wasn’t as a fan of but it still looked good. RECENTLY they upgraded, because they have more people working for them now, their new website is more sleek, professional and has a lot more interactive images. I like the different elements that it has like huge quotes, different textures in backgrounds, and the graphic flowers that help tie everything together. It still has the white sleek background which make sit look elegant.

Third Story Apartment 

http://thirdstoryapartment.com/

This is a graphic design website created by one of my designer role models Lindsey Eryn. She creates websites, branding and other graphic design related things for clients. Third Story Apartment is the name of her business and she’s the only worker, and that’s her full time job. I like this website because it has hints of neon colors like green, which makes it stand out, and simple photo generic things like stars in the back. She does use a lot of photo elements which makes the website seem almost like a magazine or scrapbook.

Jasmine Star

http://jasminestar.com/

Jasmine Star is a digital marketer. She focuses mainly on how social media can grow your business. Her website has a lot of squares, and to me it gives me a geometric type of feel. It is very well organized, with even spacing all around. On the home page, as you keep scrolling it gives you all the information that you need to know, but gives it an in entertaining type of way to where it doesn’t feel like you’re just scrolling and scrolling, but like you’re walking through a slide show, keeps your eye moving.

Brighten Made

http://brightenmade.com/

Brighten Made is a graphic design studio. I like their website because it is very pink, not because i like the color pink but because right when you see it you get a sort of pink feel all around which helps bring the website together. I also like the photography that the website has, it is very professional and fits well with the theme.