Symbols project

walk us through the logic of the method, giving us a play by play of the DESIGN decisions you are making. write feedback about your work. describe a rubric with dimensions and quality levels. how many levels past a sophomore “A” were my symbols? where do you fit on the spectrum?

my symbols were centered around nature and plants. However, most of my inspiration stemmed from my personal experience and feelings at the time. in a way, the symbols were an extension of myself while still maintaining its original intention with the topic on hand. A lot of the time, I would be striken with this idea for a symbol that I had to out real quick on paper or in Illustrator itself. I often found myself using pieces of scrapped ideas to create new ideas.

A symbol that I created had to feel right. It had to accurately dipict the word I was going for. The way I did that was to ask myself if the symbol had a purpose and if it had value in the word it was trying to represent. I was trying to keep things smooth and dark, as I felt I got satisfactory results approaching my symbols in a wispy, curvy way as opposed to angular, sharper shapes. I tried to maintain symmetry.

I think that my final project was overall a success.  My favorite design was the most wispy one with the crescent in it  I think  symbol should have some sense of importance and interest.  I felt as though my symbols achieved that general idea as well as the in class criteria we set.  I’m not so happy with my last symbol that turned out to be a little weird, it originally looked like an eye and I was trying to make it look a bit different and interesting.  I think as a whole I made “B” level work.