Blog Post #12

Part 1: Reflection on this semester and course. Feel free to write any and all comments here. We want and appreciate your feedback (both positive and critical).

I genuinely really enjoyed this class. I learn better from lectures rather than group work, and this class was mainly lectures. I thought that the study tips/organizing/prioritizing stuff in the beginning of the year was so helpful, practical, and relevant to real life. They were things that you could quickly and easily implement that would have a big impact on you being on top of your assignments and other obligations (and less stressed. Any less stress helps). I like the more relaxed yet effective teaching style. The only thing I have to complain about is the cussing. I’m all for joking and being real, but it is just not professional. Plus, it is inconsiderate for people who do not cuss because it may make them feel uncomfortable. I like that there are several professors so you get several perspectives. This class, the students and professors had a sense of humor about themselves and about life in general and I could appreciate that, especially at the end of a school day. A wide array of fascinating information was presented. I love how we not only learned about our own fields, but also those of our arts peers. Making it open for questions after each lecture was just easy access to a wealth of experience and knowledge. I found it highly encouraging with the guest speakers coming in and breaking down how to have the careers we want. It helped to put a face to the career, because before this class, it could be a little overwhelming for students as a whole to be taught how to be successful in your chosen field without humanity and personal advice and stories to back it up. It almost felt like you were going into that industry alone, like feeling your way around in the dark. But now the daunting, abstract road to success is now looking real and attainable.