Seminar Blog Post 10

Wildermyth Creators

Nate and Anne. Nate is a programmer and Anne is an artist. They have writers and sound effects people and more. They were playing lots of games and were interested in making a game that filled in the gaps. So, they went with a tactical combat game that was a fantasy game. They wanted it to be serious but fun. I learned that there are so many things that have to be in alignment between each and every person on the team. Giving control to each person is a good way of going about that, said Nate. I think they touched on having goals that the team can actually accomplish while making a game and not trying to shoot for something that isn’t able to be accomplished. Also, they talked about playing to your strengths. Doing this and setting people up to success is very important. This helps people grow and for the game to be the best game it can be.

I honestly was very uninterested in the specific content but there are lessons to be learned from what they talked about. At the end of the day, I learned that there are complications in both areas of work and that them and I have. It’s all about struggling and finding ways to work with problems that come up in your area of work.

QUESTION for next class: What is the hardest thing you run into with money?