ARTS1311: READING #4

Part 1:                                                                                                                                               1)How is Warhol able to turn in “off” and based upon the article does he not care about the work?

He talks about how there’s nothing to be afraid of and that he has nothing to lose because it doesn’t matter if he is accepted by a fashionable or well known crowd. He believes the philosophy that nothing really matters but that “it’s magic if it happens and if it doesn’t it doesn’t matter” (146). This allows him to go through life without caring about failure. This doesn’t mean he likes to fail; it means he doesn’t spend or waste time thinking about it. he has his own perspective on the world and he sticks to it. he does his job because it is something he loves to do and that is what we should take from this.

2)Why is the article relevant to the last project?

The article is relevant to our last project because we had to separate ourselves from our work and make it into an environment that could stand alone without us being there to talk about it. we had to separate ourselves from it in order to make a picture with a meaning that could speak for itself.

Part 2:

1)Do you become self-conscious of your ideas?

I’m not a self-conscious person but sometimes I am self conscience of my ideas. I worry about not having a voice and I think that my ideas are not good. I am also not sure if my ideas will be liked by my audience. I want my work to appeal to everyone and not just me.

2)What do you think of the nothing-to-lose attitude? What are its pros and cons?

I think it is a good attitude because it allows you to separate yourself from the outcome, meaning you don’t worry about failure as much. It also has its consequences though. Not caring or paying attention to the consequences can show up in your work. It can come off as you don’t care about your work.