Weather Report Assignment

Link to the video, the .mov file is too big for this site to store.

This one was particularly time intensive. My goodness, the hours I put into this, my first real after-effects animation with complicated effects and tweening in it, not just the puppet warp tool.

I forgot to make the big waves move at the end, and the dino’s animation is a little stiff. Parts jump here and there instead of smoothly transitioning from position to position. These are things that jump out at me just watching it again. I’m not oblivious to the numerous technical errors in this piece. During it’s making, I had to change the way the building’s were shaped, the colors and locations of letters, all to try and smooth the transition from one major segment to the next, and even so I still would have probably liked to try more fancy animations here and there, had I the technical skill yet in the program to attempt it.

I probably would have like to have the days swoop in more dramatically, or even animate the individual weather icons to pulse and move by themselves. Still, I put a lot of work into it, and I’m not unhappy with the outcome.