Backpack Poster

bigdocument

This assignment was more thoughtful than the more straightforward ones I was heretofore used to. The idea was that we would show what we keep in the bag we carry around with us, in the hopes that the arrangement would reflect, in some way, who we are.

This is not an entirely accurate portrait, however, as my purse at the time was too small to hold all the things I carry (I normally haul a lot in my arms.) To remedy this, I temporarily brought a backpack I used in high school.

I really enjoyed cutting out all of the objects, repetitive as it was, as I like making the disorderly orderly. Further, I’m fairly proud of how this piece turned out. The order is easy to understand, and the objects are clean and easily identifiable, as was in the criteria.

However, I do think that this would have done better on a patterned or textured background, rather than a plain white one, as the assignment required. The white void seems to suck the presence out of the objects.

However, i do think that this would have done better on a patterned background, rather than a plain white one, as the assignment required. The white void seems to suck the presence out of the objects.