Personal Geography: Cognitive Map

Often when we make decisions and it feels as if it comes naturally sometimes, while this may be true to an extent, it is more likely to feel natural only because it has been shaped and based on our specific interests, influences, and prior decisions. Cognitive functions happen so fast sometimes we fail to realize why in fact we choose an item or decision in the first place. The object of this map project was to reason through and depict each step in the thinking or decision making process for a specific matter. I chose to depict my cognitive experience of shoe shopping. I included the conditions in why or if I needed to buy a pair of shoes missing from my wardrobe. I included factors such as color, size, how much I really liked and would be willing to spend on a pair displayed by the heart target and green money scale. The overall design for this piece was a cohesive look that is trendy with the language used but it also gives a retro style to it from the type face, pale pink accents, and icon styles.

cognitivemap_nicoleburg