Jose Alvarez’s semester reflection of gdes_I

Starting off my reflection with my first project of this  semester final symbols (Note:all of my work is in pdf file form) this was what I turn in for that project  and since it is my first projects the quality of the work is a bit janky. Well that is to be expected especially since  it was my first time using illustrator. The symbols are design to represent specific things in the roll playing game dungeons and dragons. Even though the quality of this project isn’t the greatest, I still think i did an amazing job design these symbols and I am proud of them. Now that I have got pretty familiar with illustrator I think i could improve my designs and make them look more clearer and even redesign them to look even better.

The second project was Map, this project was to design a destination map that would show getting from one to the other. I chose to have my map  show my path from my dorm room to class. I also wanted my map to show that people could also walk on the grass instead of walk just on the sidewalk. The quality for this project was a whole lot better than the late project. It is still far from prefect but it looks better. That is mainly because my I was improving on using illustrator. The only thing I can think of to improve it would  adding some symbols but other I can’t think how to improve it any better.

The third project  was My Youtube Subscription, this was my data graph design. I took the data from my youtube subscription and transformed it to a pie chart, line chart, bar chat. This was probably one of the hardest project I did, mainly because it was  a little difficult to figure out  what graph best represents the data and then stylize it without warping the information. The quality of it looks even better then the last two project and I am especially proud of the symbols I created  for them. The only thing I was not so happy was the clutterness in the last graphs. Those last two graph just feel way to clutter and it makes my whole  design unappealing but I couldn’t figure out how to fix that. The parts I would improve to make it look better is stylizing my last two graphs even better and finding a way to make the text to look more appealing.

The final project is my favorite one decision map, this one was a plot graph that would basically help a person make art. I design it look like something that would be publish in a arts and craft magazine. The thing that makes me very happy is the many different symbols I created. There are still a few more things that need to be fix to make it look better but over all it is the best one out of all my other project. I was surprise that I was able to brainstorm so many symbols since the first week I wasn’t sure how to put the replace the whole thing with symbols. However, I was happy that it turn out  great with so many symbols. The things that that would make this look even better is if I made every bubble into a symbol. Also since this was question  driven it probably needs more different question to ask.

The total amount of hours I have put in all this semester is 434 hours. I was surprise to that I had much to being with but then again many of it was that I had to do a lot work to trying to keep up with all my classes. Just to clarified these are hours that I had spent trying to work on improving skills in designing for this class or own projects( these other projects are from image meth and animation class). My social/emotional development through out the semester was pretty mature since I was keeping up with all my work. However, somewhere close to the last half of the semester  kind was loosing it because I couldn’t keep it up with school and work. I almost felt like dropping all of my classes but I able to get my second wind at the last few weeks. All of my work  I feel they are high quality since I put every effort I can to make design look great in my eyes.  As for using  feedback , I use every bit of feedback I get to improve my designs every bit helps. I think every  project I did I’ve  challenge my self to look great. Not to mention I’ve put in the time to make my design look less simple. My contribution in class was close room temp or cold since I had trouble sleeping  ( because I was working two jobs and doing 17 hours). So it was no secret that I was struggling to contribute in the class climate. However, that did not meant that I would give up on my on my own projects when I miss.  As my expert hours and my work  shows I keep refining my all of my design. Any way to end my  reflection, after taking a look at all my work this semester I feel I should receive a grade somewhere between 75-80 for this semester.