ITC Century Std Type Specimen Booklet

ITC Century Std Type Specimen Booklet

For my Typography I class I was required to create a type specimen book in order to showcase a particular typeface and  I chose ITC Century Std. There are sixteen different typefaces in the ITC Century Std type family. I was please to have a large variety to work with because I feel that the use of the variety of the typefaces enhanced my booklet.

This project is one of the three that I want to highlight for my portfolio review. I put a great deal of time and effort into this project and was greatly pleased with the results, especially since I created it at the end of my first design course. This project is where I felt that I had started to develop my own design aesthetic and enhance my own color theory abilities. I also realized what was an effect design process for myself. I found that creating digital iterations of each page helped me to decide the correct layout for each spread. I thought it was very challenging and engaging to use an essay to showcase a typeface. The essay ended up conveying a different meaning to me once I had used it in this assignment.