The Office of Sustainability seeks an undergraduate student intern to assist with the spring Tree Campus USA initiatives and related events. St. Edward’s has been recognized as a Tree Campus USA each year since 2016 and intends to keep up the recertification. The Tree Campus USA Intern will receive help achieve the overall mission of greater social, economic and environmental sustainability in the campus community.
The Tree Campus USA intern will assist the Office of Sustainability in spreading awareness about the program on the St. Edward’s campus through organizing a committee meeting, marketing, and coordinating a campus event. This event should provide an opportunity to engage with the student population with projects related to trees and can be part of a campus or community initiative.
- Primary responsibility for organizing a campus-wide/interdepartmental special event in alignment with Tree Campus USA requirements
- Promote awareness on campus about the Tree Campus USA program, importance of trees through marketing with the Office of Sustainability
- Coordinate and schedule one committee meeting for the 2020 Spring semester
- Draft agenda and meeting minutes for Tree Campus committee meeting.
- Support with Office of Sustainability with tree research and other tasks when needed.
The candidate should demonstrate the following qualities:
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, especially in event planning
- Excellent communication skills; strong interpersonal communication both written and verbal
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Knowledge of design and social media promotion is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Google Suite. Experience with organizational applications is a plus
- Passion for the environment
Current majors in Environmental Science and Policy, Communication, English Writing & Rhetoric, Business Administration, Marketing, Graphic Design, Environmental Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, and College Student Development are encouraged to apply.
This position is a total commitment of 20 hours during the 2020 Spring semester.