Thrift shops are a great way to save money and help the environment. Reusing and repurposing clothing and household items reduces waste and pollution. With back to school shopping right around the corner, now is a great time to rethink how you shop. Here are some easy tips to help you hit the clothing racks:
1. Keep a list or Pinterest board of the items that you are looking for to keep yourself on track!
2. Shop during the week. Weekends are busier and many of the items have already been sifted through.
3. Visit your thrift stores often and know their specialties. Try Thriftland for clothes and Goodwill for furniture. This is a great way to decorate your dorm or apartment on a budget.
4. Ask for discounts. Many stores will be willing to work with you and reduce their prices. All you have to do is ask!
5. Set a time limit and budget before going shopping. This will keep you on track and focused.
Thrift Stores Near Campus
Thrift Center – 0.8 miles
Flashback (vintage) – 1.0 Miles
Austin Pets Alive Thrift – 1.3 Miles
Thriftland – 2.1 Miles
Thrift Town -2.8 Miles
Goodwill – 3.0 miles