Student Garden Expansion Approved

This summer has been an extremely exciting and rewarding one. Not only has it been unusually cool for Texas, but the Students for Sustainability Garden Expansion was approved! This means that we will be able to educate others on different styles of gardening and grow a wider variety of vegetables.

I hope to see many new faces at the garden this year. Our first workday was September 2nd, when we began the expansion and fall planting. Some seedlings have already sprouted, so we will get to transplant them to their new location at that time. It is an honor to get to be part of St. Edward’s sustainability initiatives through SFS. I feel so blessed that the garden has been successful and continues to grow. I couldn’t do it without the help and support of all the other gardeners, particularly Lauren Dawson, who has devoted a huge amount of time helping me this summer. I can only look forward to what fall brings!

To participate in the student garden, contact us on Students for Sustainability Facebook page.

Authored by Ashley Shaw ’13, Environmental Science and Policy major