The past week I’ve been carrying a time sheet with me to log how I’m spending every hour of every day the past week. In the beginning, I honestly felt obligated to spend all my time very efficiently and be on top of things, as I wanted to look good on paper. After having a VERY long day Wednesday, having academic and professional obligations from 9 AM until 9 PM, I broke my cycle of efficiency and didn’t do any homework at all that evening. I didn’t have any classes the next day so I wasn’t too concerned. The one thing I should have considered was that on Friday starting at 7 PM until Monday at 8 AM, I would be on call because of my position as an RA. This is the first and only weekend that I’ll be on call, and I really underestimated the time it would take from my day. In addition to the rounds I had to do every 2 hours around the entire Village, I had several incidents that took several hours to handle, and writing the reports for those incidents and encounters kept me up until 5 AM, and I ended up sleeping until 2 PM on Saturday and Sunday. I shouldn’t have wasted so much time like I did on Thursday because now it’s Sunday, and I have 5 classes to go to tomorrow; there’s homework due in each one.

If I hadn’t been the RA on call this weekend, I’m confident that I would’ve had a much better grasp on my time. I’m not going to be on call any other weekend, so things should go okay. I’m considering making one of these sheets for every week to keep track of when I have things scheduled as well as feeling that pressure to spend my time well so I can be confident about the information I’m writing down.

1

This is a piece of art that I made during the summer before my senior year of high school. I spent a month or so working on it periodically. It was actually a summer assignment that I was so annoyed that I had to do. We had to make an abstract self-portrait, and at the time I just hated the concept. As I started working on this, I actually really loved it. I felt like I was growing so much during the process of creating this and I was just so proud. I was using Copic markers and a white gel pen, which were new to me as well.

I’ve always had an interest in colors and elements and things that just seem magical and beautiful. I’ve been playing video games since before I remember, and I’ve always admired female characters in games. The Final Fantasy series, in particular, has female characters that I just thought were so beautiful and strong. In retrospect, I see a lot of elements from the games I played incorporated into this piece, even though a lot of people wouldn’t realize it. The face profile and hair was the self-portrait part, and I just love looking at this piece and I have so much respect for it. It makes me feel really good about myself. This piece won a gold medal at the VASE art competition in February of 2016 and was a very integral part of me becoming more confident in myself and my artistic ability.