header image

Following the Oscar Action on Twitter

In honor of the 85th Annual Academy Awards tonight I am blogging about the Oscars! I’ve always watched the Red Carpet Live and the subsequent extravagant awards show. However, this year I am following the entire show like I’ve never followed before. In the lead up to the actual Academy Awards, I’ve been following the “Road to the Oscars”, a campaign to generate excitement from film fans about the upcoming Oscars. Over the past month my twitter feed has been bombarded by Instagram photos from the Oscars Luncheon and tonight with intimate pictures from the Red Carpet.

Although this is all exciting, my favorite part of the Oscars social media experience is following the  hashtag #bestdressed. The Red Carpet announcers have gradually been interviewing the women walking down the Red Carpet and asking Twitter users to hashtag the star they think is the #bestdressed. (Seconds ago, they announced the Twitter-voted winner: Jennifer Lawrence).

However, to me, this is just another instance of how social media is inviting us in. Here we sit as average Americans, viewing from our couches as the glitterati gather to celebrate a year in film. Previously we were hindered in our viewing by obstacles such as distance, television quality, and one-way communication. Now, the Academy has made us a part of the process by inviting us in and helping us to become a part of the show.

These are just a few thoughts I’ve got running through my head as I personally prep for the pomp and performances about to be unveiled. However, the countdown to the Oscars reads 4:50 and I’ve got to go! Let me know how you feel about the Road to the Oscars Campaign and the Oscar tweets sure to occur.

~ by mhuey on February 25, 2013 . Tagged: , , , ,

6 Responses to “Following the Oscar Action on Twitter”

1.   sgonzalp Says:

I love to partake in social media updates during events because it takes me closer and closer to the event, like you said. The Oscars social media trending topics are always interesting and fun to enjoy with the big show! Great way to keep your blog relevant to current events.

2.   Hard Work Says:

If you visit here it will be beneficial for you as here you will be able to find out recent documents windows 10 smoothly. So if you are unable to do so make use of this platform.

3.   sophia Says:

The postings on your site are always excellent. Thanks for the great share and keep up this great work!
    webnovel

4.   Ally Says:

Thanks for sharing this awesome content here.
    run 3 unblocked

5.   Dortha Douglas Says:

The Oscars saw a lot of activity on Twitter during the event itself, but even more so after it ended. While there were some mixed reactions to Ellen DeGeneres’s performance as host, many people praised her for making the show more accessible than it has been in recent years (and for cracking jokes about selfie sticks). Now I would like to get bestcustomessay online to submit them on time.

6.   BrookeMann Says:

I remember this moment, as I looked impatiently from this moment. I had this video and was asked to remove video background, then I just found a tool to remove video background for free. The video background remover on Depositphotos helps me maintain a consistent and professional visual style across my projects.