The Social Media Experience

Instagram is one of my personal favorite social media applications. I religiously use it, extremely more than I do Facebook and Twitter, (although if I want to use the other two then I can share whatever I’m sharing IMG_20140413_085216with Instagram on my Facebook and Twitter accounts). Yes, I am one of those people that posts pictures of their food, drinks, way to many pictures of my dog, the occasional selfie, and of course pictures with my significant other. But what I love most about Instagram is that is gives you a whole other view into someone else’s life. Yes that is a little creeper, but it’s true. I love seeing the pictures that other people take and something about it fascinates me.

This got me to thinking though, if you use Instagram to market your life, how would you use it to market your company or organization?

Rachel Sprung from the Social Media Examiner wrote a great post that outline the basics of how you should use Instagram.

1. Use Instagram profiles to reach a wider audience

2. Create engagement contests

3. Reward followers w/ promo codes

4. Feature your customers

5. Get more interest in your events.

Doing these five simple steps only reiterates what I’ve explained in other posts. You can’t be selfish with your company or organization and always promote yourself. It can’t always be me me me! You have to throw out a bit of bait for your loyal fans and give them reasons to keep coming back. For example, you own a party bus business. Yes throw a picture of the bus in their every now and then, but more importantly post pictures of the parties that are going on on the bus. You need to promote the experience. Promote the fact that there is no other party bus in your area that has a killer sound system, karaoke, and club atmosphere all in one. In fact, you can even create a meme and post it to Instagram using apps such as Aviary for help (Aviary has a meme creator).

Create engagement contests with your followers. Ask your followers to post pictures of say their best party face and state that you will choose one lucky person to get 2 free hours on your bus at not cost! Post pictures of events you will be throwing, anything that will want to keep your customers coming back for me.

Instagram is such an amazing way for other people to experience what your experiencing and can be an awesome tool to help market and promote your business. It’s not hard, you just have to keep having the mentality that you want to share everything you’re experiencing and you want to keep on giving.

1 Comment so far

1.    kborel on April 22, 2014 9:28 PM      Reply

I’m not huge into instagram, but I am noticing that more and more companies are using it. Like you said in your post it does bring more attention to events. Its much more interesting to look at pictures with a short caption than to read a long article about how fun it was.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind