Good news, HootSuite works. Let’s all get certified!

So, I guess my HootSuite certification was worth it. I thought it would purely be for empty bragging rights but I was actually able to name drop it when I was at Bella Salon. Bella is conveniently located on West 6th street and is completely part of the Austin ambiance. It’s modern and vintage, boutique-y and fabulous. It’s been around for about 20 years and has a very good prestige going on for them. I was in there about to cash out on a haircut and color I had been waiting to splurge on.

I’m a Comm major and I tend to ramble, therefore I was talking the stylists ear off about school, homework, senior year and to my luck — upper level classes. One of them being: Social Media for PR. As I was casually giving a brief summary of what the class was about, she started asking more questions. Because I felt she was actually intrigued and not just forcefully making small talk because I was going to be in her chair for about another hour, I went on to talk about how important social media for business was. I was actually pretty proud of my social media jargon. I suppose paying attention in class paid off in the end. After talking for what seemed like forever about retweets and instagram pictures she said she had a question. A question that put a smile on my face the entire day. I will put it verbatim.

“Okay so.. Let me ask you something” brief pause, “how do you feel about trading cut and color for advice on social media.”

The first thing that came to my mind: “HootSuite.” In attempts not to seem overly excited about this amazing opportunity I casually said,

“Of course, I would love too. And if it makes you feel any better, I am a certified Social Media Consultant through HootSuite. HootSuite is also an awesome tool to have to keep your platforms all in one place.”

Although I did keep my cool, I cannot begin to explain the excitement going on inside my head. Tuesday I will be meeting with Bella’s manager to discuss social media strategy plans and I am beyond thrilled. Having the HootSuite certification adds so much credibility and any Comm major that is interested in the PR and Advertising field should consider getting it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Good news, HootSuite works. Let’s all get certified!