Social Media that helps you succeed

Social Media and Beyond

| 0 comments

As I contemplated what my last post would be about, I also thought about if this would really be my last post. I know I just had to do this blog for class, but I have enjoyed it. It is possible that I might continue to blog, but I would rather write about my career. If I can find the time, I just might keep blogging, maybe. I hope everyone who has been reading has enjoyed all the tips. I know it is tough to start another beginning of your life once college is over. So I would like to say good luck to those who are graduating and do what you love. This leads into the main point of my post.

If you are going to go into PR, this post will be helpful to you now and in your future career. Kevin Allen of PR Daily posted an infographic discussing the demographics that use social media. It is interesting to see these demographics and who are using these social networking sites. Surprisingly, there is an older generation that use social media. Since I am a young college student, 18-22, I only see my demographic using social media, so it’s good to know those older folks are using it too.

The infographic can be found below or at the link above:

(Image via iStockphoto)

So if you going into PR or any field for that matter, use this infographic to reach your target market. I know it could be beneficial in my career. We post design ideas and other things that pertain to events to various social media sites. We can use this information to reach our correct target. Which from the look of this infographic we can do a good job of that because most women use these sites. Good job ladies!

So, in closing, use all the tips I’ve given you and go out and get a job. If you are a freshman, start now; it doesn’t hurt to get a head start. If you are a senior, good luck to you. Put yourself out there. Use social media to make a good impression of yourself. Don’t let a bad reputation get seen by future employers on Facebook, Twitter, and every other social networking site. I know we are all capable of doing great things, so go out there and rock it! Go graduates of 2013! Ignore the economy and do the best you can do.