In the upcoming weeks, the General Education Renewal Committee GERC) will be conducting a series of short, five-minute “UELO Question of the Week” surveys, each focused upon a particular University Essential Learning Outcome. The purpose of these brief surveys is to gather faculty feedback on how the general education curriculum can best address our university’s mission and learning goals.
The link to the first of these UELO Questions of the Week is found below and addresses the outcome, “Students will develop skills to maintain mental and physical wellness”:
Please take five minutes to share your perspectives.
Join us for in-person discussions of University Essential Learning Outcomes
Interested in how the survey will be used? The UELO Questions of the Week are the first step in an information gathering process. GERC will also host a series of UELO-focused discussion sessions. All members of the university community are invited to attend any and all of these sessions.
The first discussion session, focused on Mental and Physical Wellness, will take place next Friday, October 3, 2-3:30 pm in Mabee A.
The remaining sessions are as follows:
- October 10, 2-3:30 pm, Mabee B: Global/Moral Reasoning/Social Justice
- October 24, 2-3:30 pm, TH 104: Information, quantitative, and visual literacies
- November 7, 2-3:30, TH 104: Communicate (oral, written, visual)
- November 14, 2-3:30, Fleck 314: Spiritual and cultural perspectives (self and others)
- November 21, 3:30-5:00, Fleck 305: Critical, creative, collaborative thinking. Problem-solving.
Please help us make the most of our opportunity to renew general education at St. Edward’s University.