DALTON -3/31/14- REPORT #3

Recently we have been blessed with what I consider perfect weather-low 80’s during the day and 70’s at night.

forgot to take a screen shot till night!

Visiting Blunn Creek and my usual spot has never been less of a chore. The photos posted in this blog post were taken over the course of several days.

wow what a rare view of blunn creek

wow what a rare view of blunn creek

I found myself entering Blunn Creek in the late afternoon and leaving right at sunset. Though it’s an interesting place I’m not too eager to find out what happens at night! Do I fear the coyotes or possible human activity more is a good question.

first coming sunseteek

Spring has kicked into full gear in Blunn Creek nature preserve. Perhaps one sure sign of this would be the almost instantaneous sprouting of the blue bonnets.

When school children vote on a state bird, flower, or tree, they are not making a decision; they are merely ratifying history.

(not quite sure why the font is so large)

cliche blue bonnet picture..

cliche blue bonnet picture..

I’m honestly surprised I could take a picture without people in it! People have been camping out having photo shoots; though it is our state flower they are home to ants and bees as well. I got to experience the joy of watching someone attempt to take a photo and then run out screaming due to ant bites haha.

blue bonnets within blunn creek wet with dew?

Despite how dangerous blunn creek can appear, the cacti that surrounded the bluebonnets seemed to represent Texas accurately; rough around the edges, beautiful within. That could be a postcard or a catch phrase. If I receive a 5 on this blog post I will allow you to use that phrase as you wish. Anyway, the arrival of our state flower was present in blunn creek as well as outside. St. Edward’s seemed to embrace this indigenous plant, students and outsiders as well have flocked to admire them.

tree i usually find myself near at every visit

Deep inside blunn creek appears greener. The trees may still be at weird jagged angles, but the leaves sprouting from them are greener then I have witnessed them in the last few months. I forgot to take a descriptive photo of my socks this time, I hope this blog hasn’t been rendered pointless now.