100% Digital

May 21, 2014 | 1 Comment

I’ve committed to moving to a 100% digital workflow and practice. That decision required a lot of persuasion by colleagues, who convinced me that I could do everything I do now, but better, in a completely digital process.  I’m a longterm PC user, and rely on paper to take notes during meetings, review reports, organize my thoughts etc.  I’ve told the folks who triple-teamed me, my cracker jack assistant Jill, brilliant and patient IT wizard Danny and DH star/innovative pedagogical guru Rebecca, that they will surely regret encouraging me down this path as I made them promise to teach me the necessary technology.

I wanted to keep a blog about the journey and transition, what works and doesn’t work, frustrations and joy, to serve as inspiration/warning for others, along with hopefully helpful notes.  Let me know if you’ve already made the transition and what worked for you, if you’re already in the same process, or want to start with me.

To make things a little more interesting, Rebecca  is engaging in a public shaming experiment.  She asks that people take a picture of me with paper I’ve brought to a meeting, tweet the photos to her @frostdavis, and she will buy you coffee.

Tomorrow – a report on my first baby steps towards the 100% digital goal.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind