-Part 1-

Kim Garza- I really enjoyed Kim’s presentation because she, like the other graphic design presenters, have shown me that there is a vast range of careers for graphic designers, something that puts my mind at ease when I think about what it is that I really want to do with my degree. I liked how she showed us the process of her projects, specifically her collaboration process with the Eventurist app. I look forward to having her as a professor.

Tammie Rubin- My sister is currently interested in ceramics (although she prefers clay to plastic), but I thought it was very interesting to hear Tammie’s process of creating her work and the purpose behind each piece of hers. I like how her art comes from more abstract connotations of words such as “chimera” and “nature”, and how she thinks of her art as 3D collage more than simply a piece of functional pottery.

James Scheuren- I enjoyed looking at James’s photos. You could clearly see the thought behind the work, the meaning behind each piece. I liked his initial statement that photos were indexes of what had already been. I always find images more appealing when they are spontaneous instead of staged, so I liked how that was James’s focus when he took the photos of the things that had just happened because of human interaction with objects.

-Part 2-

Overall I enjoyed this class. You guys were all funny, but you also had serious, important points that I enjoyed listening to and I feel that they helped put my mind at ease and made me feel more secure that my major, graphic design, really is what I want to be doing. If I had to give any critical feedback, I think the only feedback I could give is for Bill to not get sick again?? Haha.