I enjoyed Nick’s presentation because I was able to see where my college education can take me, and that my college education and personal experiences can turn into a great endeavor. It got me thinking about the different ways I can use my graphic design major, such as packaging design.

I enjoyed Rebecca’s presentation because of her emphasis on internships and to keep trying. I agree that it’s important to be able to use internships to explore your options and see what you do and don’t like, and I can’t wait to get started with doing that myself.

I enjoyed Alex’s presentation because what he does is perhaps the closest to what I want to do with my degree; independent graphic design work. I liked his comment on using what designs are selling well on the shelves, and to use that knowledge to influence your own work so that it can be ahead because of its recognizable appearance.

I enjoyed Taylor’s presentation because, like Rebecca, she stressed that internships (and volunteer opportunities for that matter) are essential for experience. I also look forward to opportunities to study abroad.

I feel like I most related to Alex, because I agree that knowing what is already doing well in the markets helps with design choices for future things, and that a graphic designer should be versatile in their style. I don’t know who I was most surprised by…maybe Nick, because while his career doesn’t relate directly to his degree, it still influenced what he did. I think the most valuable piece of advice I heard was Taylor’s advice to take accounting/business related classes as something to fall back on if it becomes necessary.