-Part 1-

After using the TimeTracker document to keep a record of how my time was spent during this past week, I found that I naturally create a schedule for myself. It is important to me that I have a ‘regimen’ of when I do things so that I can stay focused on each individual task. And then, like I can see most weekends being for people, the structure goes away and I have time to relax from the last week and prepare for the next week simultaneously. During the weekends I make much more time for me to do non-school related activities, and to stay in touch with family.

-Part 2-

©2015, Loren Gamez THE RESEMBLANCE IS PUZZLING Digital print, 30 x 28 inches

©2015, Loren Gamez
THE RESEMBLANCE IS PUZZLING
Digital print, 20 x 20 inches

This piece is a personal accomplishment for several reasons. The first of which is that it is a portrait of my twin sister and I (myself on the left and her on the right), and shows how we are both similar and different in our own unique ways, and how I feel as though we are two parts of a whole and complete each other in many aspects. This was also the largest project that I had done at the time, so getting it finished on time was important. Additionally, I think this piece reflects my point of view because I embrace my sister’s disability, as well as the entire community of people with special needs, and that is very important to my family and I. It also reflects my interests because I am devoted to improving my artwork, and I believe that this piece (compared to previous digital works) shows how much I have learned since my interest in graphic design began.