Kenn Nesbitt

Having trouble seeing slides? Please view in full screen.

KENN NESBITT is possibly the funniest and most sought-after children’s poet writer today. When he’s not writing, podcasting, updating his website (poetry4kids.com), he is visiting schools sharing his wacky brand of humor with kids across America. He loves to create poetry about wild and weird school adventures that all children can personally relate with.  His off the wall humor is bound to make any student a fan of Language Arts!

I have specifically included some of his poetry about science topics you can use to introduce and integrate new content into your classroom. As an extra bonus the slides also have a quick science experiment about germs that can accompany his poetry. ENJOY!

2 thoughts on “Kenn Nesbitt”

1. I enjoyed your presentation. I think you provided a powerpoint that was different from the “norm” so it was very appealing to me. I liked how your entire presentation was colorful and gave us enough details. From your presentation, Kenn Nesbitt seems like a great author. I definitely want to explore his work further. I also really liked how you included a science activity that you can connect back to his work. I thought that was a great way to get us started on how to incorporate his poetry. If I could make one suggestion, it would be to include specific TEKS but overall I really enjoyed this presentation.

2. I really liked the layout and color scheme of your PowerPoint. I felt like you gave a lot of information about Kenn Nesbit without over-crowding the slides. I really like how you included a sample of a science experiment at the end that ties into one of his poems. The topic of germs also ties into the subject of Health. In my Kinesiology course we were talking about integrating health into physical education and discovered a game called “Hospital Tag” which also ties into this topic. I agree with the first comment that it would be helpful to include specific TEKS. Maybe it would have helped to focus on a specific grade level. Besides that a few of your pictures on slide 3 were a little blurry. Maybe you could have googled larger versions of the photos you used. Overall I loved your presentation. Good job!