- Overview of a PLN – 10 min
- Review questions for discussion – 10 min
- Share some examples – 10 min
- Discuss tools for keeping up with their PLNs (Digg and Twitter)- 15 min
- Break – 10 min
- Introduction to Diigo Exercise on iPads – 20 min
- Conclusion and next steps – 10 min
Overview of a PLN: A Personal Learning Environment is a facility for an individual to access, aggregate, configure and manipulate digital artifacts of their ongoing learning experiences. – Ron Lubensky
Questions About Your Personal Learning Network (PLN)
- Who is in your learning network?
- Who do you turn to for professional development?
- Why is this person/resource in your network?
- Why do you spend time following/reading this person?
- How do you contribute to your network?
One Essential Resolution for Educators in 2013 – A Personal Learning Environment — This is still a good introduction to Personal Learning Environments in 2014.
My Personal Learning Environment from The Bamboo Project Building Career Resilience
Tools to Help You Build an Innovation Learning Network
- Diigo Tools (various tools available for Mac and Windows browsers)
- Diigo Browser for iOS or search for Diigo Browser in the App Store
- Diigo Extension for Chrome
- RSS Readers (Feed Readers)
- Google Plus
Which of the tools would you find the most useful for your projects or your courses?
How can these PLN’s inform or help you with your innovation projects?
As SEU Innovators how would you continue your connection with each other?