“My Print in Austin”

The first time I’ve been to the United States and it was worth it. I can even explain the desire I had to go to America. Since my childhood, I’ve been influence by its culture through music, movies and the most important: the language.

The day before leaving at the airport, I went to Paul-William’s flat in Paris with Paul Barançon who are both of them student in St Edward’s. Paul was driving us from Angers. The road was exhausted, they could see me sleeping on the backseat with my mouth well opened (a very embarrassing moment). Once we arrived, we did have some fun playing video games and making jokes. It was a mean to feel comfortable before leaving our country to live the American dream.

The big day came and we were ready. The baggages were packed and ready to take place in the trunk. When we finally got there, the entire family (almost) of St Edward’s was waiting inside the airport. Once we took the plane, the length of the flight weren’t that bad. I mean of course the flight time lasted approximately eleven hours but time is flying when you are in pleasant company (Yes I know, I am playing on words). We spent time talking about the possible scenario in Austin and also watching movies. For me, it was Monster University (What can I say? I love school! ).

Finally, when we were able to put our feet on the American ground, It felt like a new beginning. I was already thinking “I’m going to make a new life here”. The country had already seduced me on that moment. The weather was warm, people seemed open minded, cool and it was just the view inside the airport. After that, we were taken to meet our new comrades or roommates at the different residences. Mine which is called Quicke was really a nice guy, always here to give me some advice about the course, the people in St Edward’s.

The things we did in Austin were amusing, we saw a football game. It’s kind of hard to assimilate the fact that those guys are only in high school when they are twice (even three times) bigger than you. The ambiance was awesome, the brass band, the cheerleaders, the mascot. It was America.

Halloween which is not that important in France takes a big place in America. The haunted mansion was crazy seeing that students were really involved in their job.

What was really positive in this trip was the American student. They were great with us. They invited us in their group as it was natural. We’ve been to parties where we were well received. All I can add is than I can’t wait until next time.

Comments (1)

karmourFebruary 2nd, 2014 at 1:03 pm      Reply

It sounds like you had a great time in Austin! You should go to New Orleans next!