Some Strange Love

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (ej jolly)

i love so (3)

DSCN0035DSCN0064

Both of these pictures were taken for my first Visual Studies I project on the concept of Gestalt. The goal was to incorporate the concepts of Gestalt we discussed in class while taking pictures down South Congress Ave. We were given a lot of free reign with what we could take pictures of,

I decided to achieve this goal by simply taking pictures as I always had. I did this because I realized I had been incorporating these concepts into my pictures all along, mostly unintentional and because I thought it would look aesthetically pleasing.

Self-Critique:

I chose to self-critique the first picture.

1. What is the strongest aspect of this work? I believe the strongest aspect of this picture is how cohesive the natural lines are with the natural borders of the frame. All of the lines that are painted as well as formed by shadows create very interesting angles that better frame the woman at the center of the photo.
  2. What is the weakest aspect? I feel like the weakest aspect is that I didn’t play around with camera angles more. Despite the natural angles created in the photo, I feel like they could have been more pronounced if I had done some more experimenting on my end.
  3. How can the composition or form be improved? I wish the color of the woman’s dress could pop out more to match the top left corner’s bright blue. This would help separate the woman from the muted tan color of the wall.
  4. How can the project be strengthened conceptually? I feel that I can go back and try to focus more on certain concepts of Gestalt, such as continuity and closure.
  5. How can the project be strengthened technically? I can definitely practice editing with this picture, and seeing what I can touch upon when it comes to minor details.
  6. Additional notes. I feel that this picture is a step in the right direction of what I can learn to do in the next semester.

Tags: ,

This entry was posted on Monday, September 22nd, 2014 at 2:44 am and is filed under Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

11 Responses to “i love so (3)”

1. yitzchak kerrigan
    4:36 am on January 15th, 2024      Reply

This is simply the info I’m discovering almost everywhere. Many thanks for the weblog, I simply sign up your site. This can be a good weblog. inch. ufa888

2. ALEXENDER RAVI
    7:51 am on January 21st, 2024      Reply

In the form of Inexperienced, Now i’m once and for good seeking via the internet just for articles or reviews which has been about help others. With thanks. thegiftio

3. yitzchak kerrigan
    7:36 am on January 23rd, 2024      Reply

May very well just launched some blog page, the knowledge most people furnish on this internet site seems to have made it easier everybody vastly. Thanks a lot for the purpose of your personal instance & give good results. free movies online

4. seooo servicesss
    6:11 am on January 27th, 2024      Reply

Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. jack daniel’s 12 year for sale

5. yitzchak kerrigan
    5:16 am on January 28th, 2024      Reply

Wonderful Content, Now i’m a massive believer for offer suggestions relating to internet websites to make sure you let the web page creators understandthat they’ve incorporated an issue good to make sure you just a couple of! baskılı poşet

6. seooo servicesss
    7:40 am on January 30th, 2024      Reply

The content is utmost interesting! I have completely enjoyed reading your points and have come to the conclusion that you are right about many of them. You are great, and your efforts are outstanding! 여수 스웨디시

7. Karter221
    8:38 am on February 5th, 2024      Reply

Truly! Whatever an eye opener this unique put up happens to be in my circumstances. Substantially relished, saved, I just can’t look for further! Solicitude de visado en Canadá

8. ghori92
    4:12 am on February 18th, 2024      Reply

My spouse and i shocked while using investigation anyone created to choose this certain release outstanding. Amazing task! Maitland personal trainer

9. HJFT
    1:14 am on March 5th, 2024      Reply

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article. 먹튀검증사이트

10. Mauricio Mauricio
    11:08 am on March 30th, 2024      Reply

This really is therefore stunning as well as innovative. I simply adore the actual colours as well as whomever will get this within the postal mail is going to be grinning. renta de motos en playa del carmen

11. ghori92
    6:44 am on April 9th, 2024      Reply

Many thanks regarding submitting this kind of fantastic write-up! I came across your internet site perfect for my own wants. It includes great and also beneficial content. Maintain the nice perform! 호빠