Type Specimen

The Type Specimen book was new experience for me because I have never created a book before this project. Now I am able to create a functional book within InDesign. I really enjoyed researching the history of the typeface chosen. Surveyor was created by Hoefler & Co. to resurrect the font that was most common on geographical maps. Merchants and explorers used maps that had bodies of water, land, and locations labeled with a font similar to Surveyor. Because of its adventurist background, I wanted to present what this typeface was intended for. There are various quotes throughout the booklet that relate to exploration and adventure to represent that magical feeling of exploring. Something I could have paid more attention would have been the layout of the text for the “Crystal Goblet.” The current layout could have also been adjusted to maintain the adventurous aesthetics.1.-Type_Spec 2.-Type_Spec 3.-Type_Spec 4.-Type_Spec 5.-Type_Spec 6.-Type_Spec 7.-Type_SPec 8.-type_spec 9.-type_spec 10.-type_spec 11.-type_spec 12.-type_spec 13.-type_spec 14.-type_spec