A Quick Look at Resources from Other Universities

Many university websites have links related to teaching or their centers for teaching and learning. In this post, I’m linking to three university-related sites that I find myself going to frequently, as well as sharing links to some Central Texas neighbors.

Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence and Educational Innovation: Carnegie Mellon

The Eberly Center’s collection is strong, but I particularly find the variety of syllabus examples and multiple discipline-based approaches to addressing recurring questions helpful.

Center for Research on Teaching and Learning: University of Michigan

The U. of Michigan Center is extensive and well-staffed; they have expertise to delve into many issues and share research-informed teaching practices.

Center for Teaching: Vanderbilt University

The Guides tab on the Vanderbilt site leads you to approximately 70 different guides on topics ranging from Academic Integrity to Writing Good Multiple Choice Exam Questions.

The CTE is part of a working group with our Central Texas neighbors in order to better serve our communities. Please explore their sites, too.

Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning: Austin Community College

Center for Teaching and Learning: University of Incarnate Word

Faculty Innovation Center: University of Texas, Austin

Teaching and Learning: University of Texas, San Antonio

Office of Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship: Southwestern University

Julie Sievers, beloved past Director of the CTE, has culled some strong resources for teaching, learning, and research into one comprehensive guide

As always, please contact me (jennej@stedwards.edu) if I can help.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.