May 7, 2020

Did you change your spring break plans because of the virus? From what to what?

Not really, I work full time so I had to stay in Austin either way. My friends and I did plan to go to Six Flags but weren’t able to since it had been closed.

How did you feel when you were informed the remainder of the semester would be held online?

It was both a blessing and a curse. Because of online classes I was able to work more and work in the mornings rather than only nights. However, some of my classes were more difficult online. I don’t think I learned as well as i could’ve if we were in class.

Where will you be living while courses are held online? Is this a change from usual?

I was initially kicked out of my on campus apartment, which was very stressful. I did not have enough funds to find an off campus apartment and my job requires me to go in everyday. I was allowed to stay due to special circumstances and have found a living situation for the summer.

What has been your experience with moving classes online? What’s good? What’s not so good?

I was not good. It was difficult to manage a new work schedule with increased hours and deadlines that I consistently forgot about. I did enjoy the freedom and the increase amount of freedom that I didn’t have before.

How has the virus (and the precautions taken to prevent it spreading) impacted your daily life?

I cannot visit my family as much as I wish. I’m scared to expose them to the virus since I do still work everyday.

How worried are you about getting the virus?

I’m not worried for myself. I’m worried about affecting others. I’m scared that I would increase the amount affected since I couldn’t self-quarantine.

Do you know anyone who has gotten COVID-19?

I have two family members in Nebraska that have it.